Health News & Advice
The link between sexual performance and mental health
While many of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction are psychological, ED is also sometimes associated with depression, addiction, or anxiety. Mental health can affect people’s sex lives in many ways, as psychological issues can impact libido, intimacy, and ability to perform altogether. Our Toronto sexual health experts explore some of the ways that mental health may affect sexual performance for men and women.
- “More Sex!” It’s What Doctors Should PrescribeScience Shows that Sex is Healthy for Him AND Her A study published in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology in 2018 found that women who had active sex lives were less likely to develop heart disease than those who were less sexually active. Additionally, a study published in the American Journal of Cardiology in 2015 […]
- Satisfying sex. Which comes first confidence or performance?When it comes to intimate relationships, confidence has always been a bit of an enigma. Just how important is high self-esteem in relationships? Does confidence come from a healthy sex life, or is it a necessary ingredient to get things moving in the first place? Is confidence sexy, or are sexy people confident? While questions […]
- Porn Can Contribute to Erectile DysfunctionIt’s the conclusion that many articles, websites, and recent conversations have come to: When young men deal with ED, pornography is sometimes the culprit. As a medical clinic, the question we ask is always the same: What do the facts say? Does science have the answer to the question “Can porn really cause erectile dysfunction?” […]
- Sex, Scams, and Science: Why You Deserve a Doc When Dealing with Erectile DysfunctionDealing with erectile dysfunction isn’t easy to talk about. Over-the-counter pills, online quick fixes, or even just ignoring it can seem easier than calling a men’s health clinic, especially if the challenge of getting and maintaining an erection is new to you. We know. We get it. But you and your partner deserve to know […]
- Toronto sexologist speaks out about erectile concernsOne of the greatest and most common fears men have is that their penis will not respond they way they want it to or the way it has in the past. 70% of the clients that I see who have a penis express a concern with the performance of their penis. Whether it is the […]